Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Friday, April 1, 2011

My poor Betty



I have spent all of this week trying to figure out what is wrong with KK's sweet little Betty Boop. All of the sudden, she started having these "episodes", or seizure type things. They are horrific to watch. It is not epilepsy. The first vet took my money , gave me no answers, and annoyed me greatly. After Betty had back to back seizures, I contacted my sweet friend Melissa who has several small breed dogs.She called her vet and got me right in.The timing of her call was so perfect..I guess I should say..God's timing. She drove over to the vet with me and helped me get checked in with them. And started the prayers for Bettys weary mom....What a difference it made. We still do not have a definite answer.But I have faith in this vet. They are giving her meds, and sending her blood work off for a better look. All I know is ...I need that little dog fixed. She was KK's reward for doing so good at school this year..not grade wise..emotionally.. The look on her face when she saw her little puppy..I have owned all kinds of dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, hamsters..newts..I have never seen anything like this..I did have enough snap to grab my camera and make a video of her last "seizure" to show the vet. I know some people will say...its just a dog... well ...this is me sticking my tongue out at you ....U...... that little dog changed more than just KK... I am hoping that today is better.That she is better. Some of the things they are testing for....there is no cure and the recommendation is euthanasia...I think you all know what to pray for now..
" A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal,
but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel." prov. 12:10

1 comment:

  1. Suzette..Prayers offered for BEtty, Kaitlen, and your family. I know how you feel..been there, done that, but didn't get a Tee Shirt. It is heartbreaking. You know my daughter always had pets and loved them. They are a special part of our family. Betty Boop is a darling, beautiful girl.Prayers for healing her are headed up to our heavenly father. Keep the FAITH,,,, granny always said "People that didn't like animals..didn't like people." I agree!!! i'm joining you with a DOUBLE tongue stickout. LOVE y'all, aunt Pauline

    ReplyDelete