Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ridin the wave


I have been trying to get over the last part of the 2nd cold I have had. I am sick of being sick.I am sick of coughing and having a headache. This is why I haven't posted . I knew I would be to grumpy. ...There is still no word on Betty Boop. I am not good with waiting . I just need them to tell me she is ok.
KK has been missing Rach a lot. She woke up yesterday with her on her mind. I took her after school to the store for a new shirt. Not because she was sad, because when you are "class favorite" you need to look nice for your photo. KK walked right up to a shirt with Minnie Mouse on it. I tried to steer her towards something else..her words were " but this reminds me of Rachel". Rachel loved minnie mouse when she was little.She called her Pinnie mouse.. Ok...you get the shirt...As soon as we all get home, KK says "show my shirt to Kennedy". As soon as Kennedy sees it, her face just falls. She turned to walk out of the room and I grabbed her in the hall. "I just miss her so much"she said.. When it hits...it hits...We will never be " over it" because we will never stop loving Rach.It seems to come in waves. Some days I can smile through the memory..and some days..I just need more than a memory.

Philippians 4:6-7 says…

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds..WOW.. I don't think I have heard that verse as clear as I have just now when I typed it.The peace of God... That sounds pretty good to me !

No comments:

Post a Comment