Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vision of love

I have several friends on facebook that are also on the same path I am on. I see their beautiful pictures of the white crosses and flowers that mark the place where their precious children left this earth. I have chosen to not place anything at the place where Rachels wreck was. The main reason being that her little sisters do not know that is was right at the end of our street. I drive that way at least 4 times a day on school days. I know how very tender their hearts are, and I just don't want to add to their sadness. I have said before that people that experience such a great loss see with different eyes. When I leave my house and get to the end of my road , where most people look and see just a telephone pole..
My tear cleansed eyes help me see
the cross that gives life..eternally.
angel wings that set her free...and
One perfect white calla lily..

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

A few verses later, in 2 Corinthians 5:6-7, Paul says:

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight.


I fix my eyes on what is unseen...

1 comment:

  1. I think we could all learn something from that. With everything right in front of us each day, focusing on the unseen isn't easy to do.

    Thanks for the perspective reminder. I love you.

    ReplyDelete