Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

If we are the body


The weekend after Rachs funeral,our good friends that own Sertinos',where Rachel was working, came to visit us.They had been out of the country on a business trip .They brought me everything from work that was Rachels. Her sign in card.Her application.They had even cut out the article from the paper.I was so glad,because I have this need to see any and everything that has anything to do with her.
I noticed on the outside of this clear folder a crucifix.I had never seen it.Nancy saw me looking at it and explained that it was Rachel's.Rach had put it on her apron at work,but then she took it off and put it on the computer so employees would see it when they signed in or out.I'm in my 40's and struggle a lot for ways to talk about Jesus with my friends,much less people I just met.Rachel had only worked there for a few days when she began talking with them about her Jesus.I was glad to hear this story. You know we are so quick to judge young people because of how they look, or just because of how very visible their struggles with the world seem. I think with age you just get better at hiding them ,because we ALL struggle.We all stumble.Rachel struggled,but she never quit .I've always tried to not judge,but now more so than ever I try to look at people in a different way. The truth is we don't know what is in a persons heart.We don't know what that person lays awake at night and thinks about or talks about with God.Rachel loved the song by Casting Crowns "If we are the body".

Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the Body of Christ

Take a minute and watch the video.Listen to the words.Click on the title of this post"If we are the body" it will take you to the video.

Live a life of love,just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.eph.5:2

1 comment:

  1. Rach knew that Gods love for her was unconditional.
    You taught her that because you loved her the same way.

    b.

    ReplyDelete