Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Friday, November 20, 2009

I Carry Her Heart


This poem is the reason for the title of this blog.I heard it in a movie around Labor day weekend and loved it.I had this urgency to share it with Rach.I pulled it up on the computer and she read it.She loved it too.I think about this poem all the time.I hope when she read it she knew that it was for her.She is with me ALWAYS.Today the girls and I went to Rachels garden.It was the first time that Kennedy didn't cry while we were there.

i carry your heart with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywherei go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate
(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzette, it is my pleasure to meet you. I read your comment on sugar pie farms. Your comment about your daughter touched my heart so much. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. I have an 18 yr old son and I worry about him everytime he leaves the house. You and your family will be in our prayers. Lots of love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete