Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sweet Sister V


In the past 7 weeks I have received so many cards,emails,and messages from friends and family and some from people I don't even know.I keep every card.I reread them ALOT.Right after the wreck I received a card from a lady in Beaumont who had read the article in the Enterprise. She had written my name on the envelope and then she wrote "mother of Rachel Vidor tx and that's it.Well I got it!I got the letter.I'm sure going to church with the lady who is over the post office was a huge help,I guess that being a small town helped too,anyway ,it just amazed me.The card was beautiful.She wrote a letter on the card to me also.It was such a beautifully written card.She had wrote"God in His Almighty Graciousness strengthened you in your greatest time of need through spiritual song".I can't tell you how many times I read that card.I needed so badly to put a face to that card.I needed that lady to know I got it, it helped me.I tried to find her phone number, not there.I "googled" her address and found her street.Several times I tried to go but I would hear the voice say not yet.This morning I before I knew it , I was sitting in her driveway.When I knocked on the door I said who I was and the lady said hold on that was my daughter.The sweetest face came smiling into the room.I told her who I was and could barely speak, and I just hugged her.It didn't feel like hugging a stranger.I knew this woman.Sister V. I knew her heart. We sat and talked.It was such a relief to see that sweet face.It was so easy to be there.Their home had such a peacefulness about it.They were getting ready for bible study that morning,but Sister V made time for me.We connected in a lot of ways.I needed her to know all about Rach , and all about the funeral and well...everything.She and her mother both shared with me stories that confirmed even more what I already knew.We serve a very powerful,compassionate God.I asked if I could take her picture and she agreed.I said I would not use her name,I would call her Mrs.V,she said people call her Sister V.I told her that was what we called Rach...sister.My sister always called her sister.I will talk to Sister V again.I asked her to read my blog so she could know more about me and about my beautiful Rachel.Sister V radiates peace.The scripture in the card says=
The Lord is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all He has made .psalm 145:13.
It reminds me of the song Michelle sang as the invitation at the funeral

God's still faithful.
In the midst of it all He's faithful.
When the earth beneath your feet
gives way in defeat He's faithful.
When its just too much for you
and you don't know what to do
God will carry you through.
When hope is all gone
and you've no strength to hold on
God's still faithful.

God is still carrying me through.
With the help of compassionate people like Sister V.

No comments:

Post a Comment