Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The boots


When Rachel was in Jr. high I bought her a pair of black boots for her birthday.They were the knee-hi patent leather, she loved them.It started a new tradition.On her birthday I would buy her new boots.She called them her "hooker" boots.If you knew Rach , you know she loved her boots.Well this year I took her little sisters to get new boots for Rachs birthday.Kennedy found some that looked like some Rach had.Kaitlin ,who is the 6 yr old,picked out a pair made by the company"RACHEL".They have her name on the box and on the inside of the boot.And of course the heart.Somethings just absolutley blow me away.Kennedy and I had a little "moment" in the store, but KK just smiled.She knew what she had.She is so wise beyond her years.Today at 2pm we will go to Rachs school and release balloons.Its a beautiful day, for a beautiful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment