Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Star light Star bright



I lost my 19 year old daughter on September 17,2009 in a car wreck right at the end of our road.Her birthday was on November 1.We had a ballon release and a wonderful day of celebration.This is the miracle that I believe took place that night.
I haven't updated in a couple of days ,because I wanted everyone to be sure and see the video from Sunday.It was such a beautiful day.Every part of it was just spectacular.Throughout this whole time God has been with us. He has shown me things that some might just say is coincidence.I say it is peace.Peace within the midst of the storm.I have debated on whether or not to share this part with you.I don't want my words to minimize the power of what God can do .1 Peter chapter 3 about verse 15 says "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."I will try with the greatest of respect to share this moment.Open your hearts and listen...
On Sunday night after everyone had left,I stepped out on the back porch to just take a breath and be alone in my thoughts.It was a beautiful night ,I could see airplanes,3 of them, staggered in the sky.I thought it was weird because I had never realized you could see them so clearly," hmmm red lights on them too, not just white", I thought.I stared up into the sky and looked at the stars,and began to talk to
God, something I do a lot.I thanked him for the day,the beautiful day.I thanked him for Rachel.When I said her name my next sentence I said out loud "I know where you are" and then I said "And I know you're with me".At that very moment, as soon as the words were said ,this star right at the top of my sight ever so slightly glimmered and then began to gently fall.It fell only for a few seconds,glimmered again,and then faded out.Okay,I knew it wasn't a plane,God showed me very clearly what a plane looked like, remember???I needed 3 of them .Its like God said "show her a plane so she'll get this".I so got it. I dropped to my knees and just cried.I am so thankful for each and every thing that God has done for me.I want so badly for God to be this real for you too.Close your eyes and let your mind see what I saw.Let it be real to you.It was beyond beautiful.
This is my prayer for you=
"When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope" (Ephesians 3:14-20 NLT)
Click here to view other Women of Faith Wednesday entires.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss... I can't even imagine. But, Praise God for His faithfulness and love toward you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I was so moved by your post - and my heart goes out to you. God be with you, be all that you need during this journey.
    With love,
    Anne @ My Open Book www.dahlhauser.blogspot.com
    I'm following you - let's be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moments are like little hugs from God just for you. I am glad that God is holding you close. May HE be your stong tower every single day!
    Your blog post was a blessing to me.
    Amy
    http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with us. That is a beautiful reminder of how God speaks to us all the time. We just have to "listen." Much love and God's peace for your heart in your grief.

    ReplyDelete