Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heaven In The Face Of My Little Girl

Its been a while since I posted.Kennedy's birthday was the 13th.I think it was harder than Rachs was.My pain has been coming in HUGE waves lately.It is a sorrow that is so raw .It doesn't last for long,but it just is all consuming.To try to deny it is like trying to contain a volcano.It has to come out.For me it is a very private thing.It is like a gaping open wound or the worst burn you can imagine.If you were to touch those, thats how intense these feelings are.I know my family and so many friends are only a phone call away ,but this is how I have to walk through the fire,right now.Thats one thing I've learned,just when you get used to feeling things a certain way they change.
If you haven't heard this song by Steven Curtis Chapman go to youtube and watch his video.He lost his little girl in a car accident also.His older son accidentally ran over her in their driveway.This is such a powerful song.I only could do 1 verse. Keep me in your prayers please.I know most of my feelings are in anticipation of the upcoming holidays.Plus when I am alone now, is usually the times when I was with Rach or she would be texting me .There is such an emptiness.But there are precious little ones that pull me back in,with a hug or something funny.Hug your children extra tight tonight, especially the ones that think they are too big for it.

2 comments:

  1. carrying your heart with me tonight...
    love you.
    b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and loving you every day.

    ReplyDelete