Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeling fancy


My husband wasn't able to take any time off this year for our spring break.That,however, did not stop me and the girls from going to our favorite place in Texas.....MOODY GARDENS. Thanks to my parents, we have a year long membership... Which makes us VIP's...I know there are risk in traveling that way, but I was mentally ready, and really needed to do it for myself. We went to Kemah first and ate in the Aquarium restaurant( us and 8 other people).Everyone else has spring break next week, so everything was pretty empty. We got to sit right by the huge aquarium .KK said she felt so "fancy"..Our new phrase to overuse...fancy..being fancy..We also fed the stingrays while we were there...AWESOME.. We went on to Galveston and stayed at the luxurious Moody Gardens Hotel..once again ..off season...We had a wonderful 3 days. We swam, ate a ton of food,


We wore our fancy hotel robes everywhere, and just enjoyed ourselves. Every time we got in the car we heard Bohemian Rhapsody...seriously..everytime...that was Rachs signature song..I saw or heard glimpses of her in everything we did. The girls chatted about her constantly..the sunsets were breathtaking...so many little things too,but what struck me the most was on the last day there,while we were waiting in line to do the 4 d movie there was a group of young girls standing by us. They were laughing and being silly. I of course thought of Rach ..but then this one girl was right in the other ones face and very loudly says " oh my gosh you look so much like Rachel....you remind me so much of Rachel"...and then they all were like " oh my gosh she does...oh my gosh..." and then they all stop and just like at me..I guess because I was staring at them..but I wanted to say..I heard you...I know ...I saw her with her hair pulled back in a headband..with a side pony tail...with bobby pins holding up the sides...with her LAMAR hoodie on...and her huge baggy purse...and weird colored tennis shoes...yea...I saw her... I don't go around with my mind set on "finding" things that remind me of Rachel.In fact it is when I am least looking for them that they appear...I guess what I am trying to say is ..It is when I am living that I find HER life the most in my life. That is what I think this week was telling me..L I V E...it is ok to live.

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him."
Daniel 2:20-22



I truly do carry her heart in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. love this picture!

    glad you had a little "light" this week.

    ReplyDelete