Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Matters of the Heart



The other day me and Rob(my oldest) were in the pretty room looking through all the things that belonged to Rachel. So many memories crammed on three shelves.I still have 2 boxes of things that I need to go through. One box is her personal stuff, one is mine from the time of the wreck.It is full of cards, things from the funeral...all of it still just sits out there. I don't force myself to do things that I am not ready to do. I don't know what keeps me from being able to do it. I just know ..I can't right now..As we were going through her things, I found this journal I had given to her on Valentines day back in 2007.She had made several entries in it, as a diary. Then she used it as a notebook at a church camp. I had looked through it before, but I was still in the foggy days, so I didn't REALLY look at it, or remember much of it.I read a few things to Rob ,and we laughed. As I was flipping through the pages , I found this....





At that very moment it was exactly what we both needed to see. I can't tell you how much I love finding treasures like this. I want to tear it out and carry it around with me like Linus with his little blanket. For now, I will leave it in its place. I have the image in my mind, and in my heart. HEART HEART HEART...... a heart journal, a heart in her message.....do you get it??????? I do..
" And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. "

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What a truly DIVINE gift...Thank You God for that, & thank You for just more confirmation on how Your word is true... that You go ahead of us & prepare things & reveal those things at the perfect time. Your Perfect Will & Timing leave us all AMAZED at Your HOLINESS. Thank you Suzette for sharing your intimate struggles & victories, that we may know you, pray for you, & share in the Glory of God!! Love you BIG, BIG, BIG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete