Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Another piece of her heart


Here is another entry that was in Rachels journal,


Why do appearances count for so much now? It practically defines who you are and who you can become. If you're "good looking" you are going to succeed. If you are "ugly" you have to work 10 times harder. Well that's what our society says.I saw a book in the library and its title was A SIZE 12 IS NOT FAT. Statistically, the average American woman is a size 12. That's not what the media puts out there. Size 6 or smaller. That's ridiculous.Eat a freakin twinkie and shut it.And we're back to over analyzing.Especially on dating. Its a high school relationship.It won't last anyway but we base so much of our life and time in them. If you're single, there must be something wrong with you. We automatically think "no boys like me...I must be fat,ugly worthless loser." wrong...There's a great guy out there handcrafted for moi and no one else. I just need patience to wait for God to send him to me.Good things come to those who wait upon upon the Lord..isn't that a scripture??? I'll have to look that up later. Never settle for a guy either.Don't compromise anything.It's not worth it. Just because he's great looking on the outside, doesn't mean his inside is so great.I'm putting this (just in case) for future references. I'm making a list of what I want in a guy:
cool hair
green eyes
over 5'8 -taller than me
average build
he has to be musically inclined
guitar player
CHRISTIAN
funny
mature
listener
can be serious
a thinker
practices personal hygiene
goal oriented
respectful towards my beliefs
loves his mommy
humble
no drinking,partying or drugs
no smokers
no facial piercings
no gauging
no makeup..no eyeliner..nasty
I basically want him to be perfectly compatible personality wise.He needs to be good at advice too, because I'm always the listener and guide. I want someone to take 2 minutes to hear me out for once. I want him to get me...completely.There is so much more I could list..but I'll save it.


here is the verse she was quoting...
Lamentations 3:25 (King James Version)

25The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.



" I'm always the listener and the guide" All of her friends said the same thing about her . That she was always there for them. How great to know your gift at such a young age, and be able to touch so many. Rachel was a beautiful girl, but she never thought of herself as the BEAUTY. I think that is why it was so easy to be around her . A lot of her friends said that too. As I read her entries, I can hear her words in my head. I can see her hands flailing all around.
I'm always the listener....all you single friends of hers..I hope you're listening .

No comments:

Post a Comment