Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Friday, May 20, 2011

A day for remembering

What a week this has been ! Sunday mornings scholarship presentation went really well. But then that afternoon my dad had a gallbladder attack which ended in him having it removed on Wednesday . Thank the Lord that all went ok.
Sunday was a beautiful day all the way around. Church at New Cherry Grove was wonderful. Bro. Doug has the sweetest spirit. He wanted me to talk as long as I wanted to "if I could"..and talk about Rachel .."If I could"....I have no problem talking about Rach. That small church has so much love in it. I am so thankful to them for continuing to remember her. The whole service was about remembering. We also shared the Lords Supper together. The young man that received the scholarship,Garret , was so appreciative.He has a list of accomplishments that are a mile long. I used a quote in my speech to him that said " what we are is Gods gift to us, what we become is our gift to Him". Garret has many gifts. I urged him to continue to allow God to use him. He gave me a hug before I even finished talking. This young man is going to be something very special.

I did not present the scholarship to Amanda. Her dad was still in Australia and she wanted to wait for him. I did,however,get to speak with her after church. She came bopping up to me in the parking lot and someone said "Suzette this is Amanda"..I saw this girl with long brownish blonde hair parted on the side...not a lot of makeup, naturally beautiful...a hoodie...flip flops...also built like RACHEL..if you know anything about Rach..you know how much I loved every part of this. Amanda gives really good hugs too. I was so glad I got to have "real" conversation with both of them . I told Amanda how touched I was by her honesty..she said she had to be honest. The whole time I was talking to her, I was listening, but looking..at just how similar she was to Rach.



I realized how long it had been since I had had an opportunity to speak in front of people about her. I am thankful that God gave me grace enough to be able to go and share in that wonderful day.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

1 comment:

  1. God bless you. I was praying for your dad too. What a blessing I get everytime I read your blog.

    What the world meant for evil, God uses for His blessings.

    Thank you for sharing your heart.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete