Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Presenting...


The "blog" has been down for a couple of days for them to straighten out some issues, so I haven't been able to make a new post. This coming weekend I will be giving two seniors the scholarship that is in honor of Rach. I was given the applications to read and was touched by what each of them had to say. The young lady that was chosen was so honest. She said she had hooked up with the wrong guy and was heading down the wrong road, and then she was saved and her life was turned around. Kids these days are all about these "fake" relationships. They text, they facebook, they do everything behind a screen. For some of them, they can't even have a conversation face to face. I was so impressed with her willingness to be so honest. She could have made up a story about needing money ,but she put it all out there. I don't know a lot of adults that would be willing to say " I was a mess". The young man who is also receiving a scholarship is actually Kenny's cousins son. What an application he had. He has already lived such a life of service to the Lord . I am praying for just the right words to say to them so they understand even tho it is not a huge scholarship, it means the world to me. One day ...one day... I will be able to really make a difference to someone . I just know that God will allow me to do that. I know that He can dream a much bigger dream than I can, so I am not putting any limits on it.
"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."psalm 37: 4-5

2 comments:

  1. "One day ...one day... I will be able to really make a difference to someone . I just know that God will allow me to do that. I know that He can dream a much bigger dream than I can, so I am not putting any limits on it."
    Suzie, don't you see what a HUGE difference you've already made, to lots of "someone"s? I understand you are talking about financially, but I am talking about so much more than that!
    Obviously, this girl knew she was on the road to being morally bankrupt and has looked her struggles in the face and dared to turn her life around and start living. What a wonderful means of love and support you have given her. The gift of someone else believing in her!
    I just can't say it enough, what a difference you have made for ME. You have such incredible strength, and I believe that the Lord knew he could definitely count on you to make a difference for many. Thank you again, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andi....thank you. I just had a huge Oprah 'a ha Moment.....I honestly had never thought of it in that way. You my friend have helped me see a bigger picture..

    ReplyDelete