Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, May 9, 2011

In her shoes

My Mothers day was a very long full day.It actually started on Saturday when I was gifted with a new tablet pc. I was very surprised and upset because that was a BIG gift...but...I LOVE it! Then Sunday morning came. I knew what I was wearing. My whole outfit was about wearing these


Rachels shoes..she wore them to graduation. I got so many comments on them.I loved being able to say " they are Rachels". I also put little touches here and there that only I knew were reminders for me that she is a part of everything I do.








The flowers and the butterfly from her Easter basket. They were perfect for the day.
All the kids sang How Great Thou Art. And a very special young lady sang I'll Stand By You. Rachel had sang that for our Mothers in 2008. It was such a sweet moment for me. I didn't have the panic that I usually have. I didn't have the fear. I just felt love.




After lunch we went to visit my Mother.Then later in the evening I went to Rachels garden to bring her some hydrangeas from my garden. They were her second favorite flower.Of course I didn't have a vase, so I put them in my dp bottle. I knew Rach would get a kick out of it.



It was so quiet there. I could see a lot of new flowers out ,but I was the only one there. I stayed longer than I usually do..waiting..hoping..missing..
I walked over to this huge old tree that is close her. I love the way the sunlight is filtered through the limbs. I stood there looking up , listening to the birds sing.

I took several pictures, trying to capture just how beautiful it is. Then as I went to sit on the bench that rest under the tree, I saw something that I had not noticed before.




How could I...the biggest candy eater in Vidor, not seen this kiss???? I had to pick it up.


It was hard still, even though it was hot and humid. A kiss ..for me..on Mothers day. I sat and watched the sun as it began to set. It was a huge and glowing.


In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.john 1 4-5

1 comment:

  1. what a story to remind me to always
    be looking, and waiting and looking
    again and again and again, for the blessing.
    the party pics were great!
    b~

    ReplyDelete