Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Sunday, January 10, 2010


So much sadness this week for me..Two sweet girls ,one 17 years old , one 20years old ,were in horrible automobile accidents. And one of Rachs very good friends lost her mother.I just could not understand all that was going on around me.Rachels friend Ashton,the 20 yr old, was involved in a hit and run.She has a broken pelvis,cracked vertebrae,lots of bruising,staples in her head,and she will lose fingers.My heart was so heavy.I needed to go see her.I wanted her to know that I was praying for her,and that she was in my thoughts.She had sent me several messages of encouragement after the funeral, and I just needed to see her.I wanted to bring her something besides flowers.Something that would let her know how very special I thought she was.I know how much she thought of Rachel. I decided to bring her the Shields of Strength that I had found in Rachs room. I know what they meant to me.I know when I read them how they affected me and I know that Ashton has a lot of hard days ahead of her.She is a very strong girl.I did not expect to see what I saw when I went to the hospital.She looked really good ,for what she had been through and she has a very positive outlook on what is ahead for her.She knew what the shields were because she reads my blog (Hi Ashton!).I pulled them out of my pocket to hand them to her.I told her she could just set them on the table and she said "put them on".I put them on for her.They are EXACTLY where they need to be.Please pray for Ashton,for healing, and for strength=just like the shields say:

2Tim. 1:7 For God has not given me the spirit of fear,but the power of love and of a sound mind.

Joshua 1:9 I will be strong and courageous.I will not be terrified or discouraged;for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go.

Ashton sent me this photo of her and Rach hoping it would make me laugh,it did.
Please everyone buckle up and drive safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment