Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

On my knees



I went this afternoon to the church and brought a flower arrangement that my mom had put together for the front of our church in memory of Rach for her 19th birthday.I doubt I go to church Sunday,but I wanted these flowers there for her.After I set them down I turned to leave and then I just stopped,like I had hit a wall.I turned and went back to the front , to the altar and just fell to my knees. I closed my eyes and just knelt there.I thanked God for my beautiful Rachel.I thanked him for being with me through this devastation.I told him I was willing to do whatever it was he needed me to do ,and then I just stayed there, in the silence , in the dim lit sanctuary knowing that when I don't know what to pray for the Spirit will intercede .I honestly didn't know what to pray for.Last Thursday I needed to be at Rach's garden, this Thursday I was where I needed to be, on my knees.



Rach and her sweet friend Darline sang this in church one day,


There are days,
When I feel
The best of me Is ready to begin
Then they're days,
When I feel
I'm letting go,And soaring on the wind
But I've learned in laughter or in pain,
How to survive
I get on my knees
I get on my knees
there I am before the Love thatChanges me
See, I don't know how,But there's power
when I’m on my knees.


I can be
in a crowd
or by myself.
or almost anywhere,
when I feel, there's a need
to talk with God, he is Emmanuel,
when I close my eyes,
no darkness there
there's only light.
When I get on my knees
When I get on my knees
there I am before the Love that changes me
see I don't know how, but there's power in the blue sky
I don't know how but there's power and in the midnight
and I don't know how but there's power when I’m on my knees.

4 comments:

  1. So I've only met you a few times before, mainly at choir concerts especially mine and rachel's junior year when you did hers and Kristens hair for Lion King but I wanted to write to you. I moved away from Vidor after we graduated and starting going to school in Kentucky so I rarely see or talk to anyone from home but I remember Rachel being one of the few people who still talked to me after I left. I spent so many nights texting her and we sent pictures back and forth to each other but we kind of lost touch after a bit. The day of the wreck I got a message from Lauren LeBlanc telling me what happened and I didn't know what to say because I had all these memories of her from school that feel like they happened only yesterday so for me her death didn't feel real. In fact it still doesn't because I'm so far away. I'm always expecting her to message me out of nowhere even though I know it won't happen, but it's been a really hard time for me this semester but one thing that has keep me going is reading your blog and your facebook. I've struggled with faith a lot more lately but seeing how you can be so faithful is inspiring for me. So I just wanted to let you know there's someone even all the way in Kentucky who thinks about Rachel all the time and reads everything you post and I want to thank you for doing this.
    -- Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day they sang this.
    it was beautiful. I can still hear her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lauren i tried to post your comment and I don't know where it went.I saw it though, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have done that song one more time. It was always a blessing to sing with her. Love you Mrs. Suzette!

    ReplyDelete