Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Through eternity sing

After having that deep conversation with Kennedy, it sent my mind into a frenzy of thoughts. I waited a few days and then we talked about "that day" again. I wanted to be sure she was remembering everything right. The truth is, they left for school before Rach ever got up...there was nothing she could have done..there was nothing anyone could have done.. Sometimes it seems that things about the funeral stay on my mind. Then one day I take a breath and realize that my mind has slowed. It never stops thinking about Rach, I have said that before. I tried to make Kennedy understand that its OK to miss her, and to be sad. I know how it can make you feel ....like you are crazy. The night before the funeral, when we were getting ready to leave from visitation, I asked them to keep the music on for Rach. She always had music on. I wonder if they said they would just so I would feel better...or leave.

"All our sorrow will end, and our voices will blend, With the loved ones who've gone on before."



I have heard of a land on the far away strand, Tis a beautiful home of the soul; Built by Jesus on high, where we never shall die, Tis a land where we never grow old.



Never grow old, never grow old, In a land where well never grow old; Never grow old, never grow old, In a land where well never grow old.

In that beautiful home where well never more roam, We shall be in the sweet by and by; Happy praise to the King through eternity sing, Tis a land where we never shall die.



When our work here is done and the life crown is won, And our troubles and trials are oer; All our sorrow will end, and our voices will blend, With the loved ones who've gone on before.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW THIS IS A REALLY HARD TIME OF YEAR, JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOUR FAMILY IS STILL BEING LIFTED UP IN PRAYER BEFORE THE KING...LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete