Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Setting Sail

I leave today to take ten girls to church camp. Last year was amazing, so I am as excited as the girls are to go. Both of my girls will be going with me. This is Kennedy's last year for this camp. That is the only hard part. Realizing again how fast they grow and what she will soon have to face in this world. I had been trying to decide what to bring with me to camp as a little "wink". And then yesterday morning my sweet friend solved that problem for me. She gave me this beautiful bracelet with Rachs verse on it.




I see that same verse being used to help others in my family too, and each time in such a different and special way. As I was gathering up my things for camp, I came across one of Rachs Bibles. I had set the ribbon to 1 Corinthians 13, and when I opened it there were those perfect heart clovers that I had found that day at her garden. My heart was filled with love. I actually even smiled.




Love

Never

Fails

Last years theme was Live Love. We sang about love is patient love is kind...there were hearts everywhere. This year the theme is Set Sail and the verse for the week is Psalms 113 3
From the sunrise in the east to the sunset in the west, may the name of the Lord be praised.


...hearts and sunsets...

2 comments:

  1. Suzette
    I've been reading up on your blog. What a lady you are! I'm so inspired. Being a mom--we have a special connection. There's no way to express how we feel about our kids (it's different for daddies)! Your sweet Rachel seems as wonderful as you describe her. I loved reading her words and catching a glimpse into what her heart was feeling. My own girls are 16 & 18 (they think they have life all figured out!). Ha! My son just turned 21 and is in college. Each of them have staked out an enormous chunk of ownership in my heart. When I hear of stories such as yours, I'm reminded not to hold too tightly what doesn't really belong to me.
    Trusting Jesus. He knows the way. I pray, I can follow without question.
    I pray your camp trip is amazing! Big hug to you, new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Wanda,
    Thank you for your kind words and for joining me on this journey.

    I love friends that are "huggers".
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete