Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Letting Go




Well guess who is not as weak as they thought????????? Not only did I do ALL of the water slides at Schlitterbahn, I rode some very scary rides at Kemah on the boardwalk. I have to say our trip to Galveston was exactly what I needed. I have Kennedy to thank for a lot of it. When she grabbed my hand and said "cmon Mom lets go do that big one".... it just felt right. Looking down that huge slide and seeing straight down to the ground, I realized how much trust I had to put in the people that built this slide.People I don't even know.I had to trust that it was going to be ok...(fav word)...I had to let go of my grip, and start the journey down...it was fast, it was bumpy....it was scary .... but I did it... That sounds like a metaphor for something doesn't it?? It was physically the strongest I have felt in a long time. I walked tons of stairs. Walked all over Moody Gardens.Did lots of swimming..came home very tired , but in a good way.I also noticed that some awful weather was in the Dallas area right when we would have been there, had we went to Colorado...God's timing.....always perfect..."He hath made every thing beautiful in his time."..Of course I thought about Rachel nonstop,the little girls always have questions about her. I still related everything I did to her..I just feel like I made it over a huge hump. I know there will be others to come.....As I sit here and type my mind is on what the date is..
The photos are just a sample of what Kennedy made me do.

No comments:

Post a Comment