Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Friday, December 4, 2009

DONE VIDA


I received this beautiful medallion in the mail today from the donor services organization.We had made the decision to donate Rachels heart valves, and pericardium.They had called us within hours of the wreck.My husband and I decided that we could do this because it is a life saving donation.Rachel was the most loving and giving person.Even as a child.I remember on her 4th birthday I had gotten her a bouquet of balloons.Her brother Robin, who is older, came in the room and was admiring them She looked at him and said "here Rob, you can have one".If she had money she spent it on others.ALWAYS.The medal is supposed to be for the headstone.I think it is beautiful,a beautiful reminder of a beautiful life.If you see me in walmart wearing it as a necklace looking like Flava Flav,just smile and say "its beautiful".If you've never thought about being a donor,think about it.I have requested that the recipients contact me.I look forward to that day.
Done Vida=Donate Life

2 comments:

  1. Dear Suzette, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. As a mother, I can't imagine the sorrow you must feel. My heart hurts for you and your family. Your Rachel is so exquistely beautiful.Your heartfelt blog is a wonderful tribute to her. I have and will be praying for you....fervantly. Praying that the Lord would give you the peace that passes all understanding that He promises. Isaiah 41:10 says "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Hold onto that. I wish I could give you a big hug honey.
    Sincerely,
    Ruthann

    ReplyDelete