Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lessons before school

On the way to take Kennedy to school, we got stopped behind a school bus. After another glance, I realized it was a bus that carries special needs children. I could only see the young mom coming down the driveway . Once passed the cars, I could see the little boy in his wheelchair. Walking right by his side was his faithful companion....a huge mixed yellow lab. As they walked toward the bus, the dog would look at his boy, look around the yard to make sure it was ok ,and then look back at him again. Once they made it to the bus, the dog watched every move the bus lady made...making sure that she did it right. The dog watched his friend leave and stood there until the mom called him back. As I watched this , I immediately began to thank God for my healthy children. I looked over at Kennedy and she had huge tears streaming from her eyes. She looked at me and said "that was so beautiful, and so sad". Her 13 year old heart sure does have a lot of love. My fear was that losing her sister would crush her spirit and harden her heart. ..but it seems to have made her more compassionate. She truly amazes and inspires me , daily.
Philippians 4:7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment