Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heaven help us

As my little Kk was climbing out of the tub, she looked at me with that pleading sweet face and asked. " what does heaven really look like"? I always know when her heart is heavy. I tried to force a smile and she explained" I know about Hollywood heaven, and how it looks on Tom and Jerry....I think its alot of clouds...clouds everywhere"..how do you explain something that you don't yourself understand? I tried to give her a few sentences to help her but in my heart I knew it was about something else. After she dressed without looking at me she said" ummm...say a little girl went to heaven but her mom and dad didn't...where would she be.." I asked her if she meant a little girl like Rachel? Imagine having this sweet angel face flooded with tears of sorrow.









She is so worried about her sister being alone in heaven, because we, her family, are here! What love she has..I explained to her how much God loves Rach and how many family and friends were there too. And then we just sat on the couch with her face buried in my neck..and bawled our eyes out. Evidently two years don't mean diddly squat in grief. Books give wrong information. There is not a timeline on grief. It is a circle....it has no end. Whether you are 8 or 78 it never stops. Maybe this post is for you or maybe it is for you to better understand someone else's grief. There are some days when my thoughts on heaven are almost paralyzing because they are so intense..and then there are days when I can just smile and know that one day...I will know for sure..

Matthew 18:10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

THEIR ANGELS ALWAYS see the face of God.
It is amazing how just a few words can bring such comfort. I pray that as the holidays get closer that my girls will find only love in their sweet memories of Rach.

3 comments:

  1. so beautifully written...my heart cries for u & your family..I will be lifting you guys up through these holiday months....I so hate satan & how he brought sin & death into this world, but my hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ that says HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD!!!! love & peace be with you Suzette & your children are so fortunate to have you to guide them & comfort them...what a woman of strong faith you are...LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so correct: there is no statute of limitations on the cycle of grief. There are days that I miss loved ones, and the hurt and lonlieness is as great as it was the day they left the earth. Other days, I have felt other emotions just as strongly: guilt, anger, acceptance. I suppose it's a little late for barganing?
    Your children are so very fortunate to have you during this journey. Instead of pulling away, you are drawn to. Oftentimes, folks push other hurting loved ones away, just so their own weakness can't be seen.
    I think you've done a fantastic job of balancing what you share with your children, and what you suffer in silence. Those babies will be much stronger because of you. Many of us will. Lifting you all up right now, as well as continuing to do so. Belief and blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for letting me know you are still here, and for all the prayers. Andi and Anonymous...aka Christel... I know for most people they don't really know what to say, and that's OK ...I still know you are here with me too.

    ReplyDelete