Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Looking passed the veil

There is a veil of grief that covers me.
It changes the way I see the world,
and everything that surrounds me.
Some days it is light..in color and in weight.
It brightens and enhances everything in my sight.
Then there are those days
when everything
seems to be a shade of grey.
I saw a comment the other day about grief.
It was so honest. It made me want to rip my veil off.
This young girl wrote "I grew up watching my mother live through grief.
I came to resent a brother that I never even knew"....
powerful words.
I try to stay very "present" in the lives of the those in my family.
Some days that means I am sitting in the room with them...breathing...
black veil days..
I have to choose to see
even on the darkest of days..
to see through the black veil ..
We have a sadness that there is no word for..
there is "orphan"
there is "widow"
there is "widower".
but for those of us who wear THIS veil
there is no word..
there are no words..
There is only the promise ...

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. john 11:25

1 comment:

  1. … I needed to read this today… I have been overwhelmed the last few days with “FEAR”… thank you for reminding me of that promise… since Jesus holds the keys to death, hell and the grave… who am I to be afraid of “what if’s?”… Sweetie, you bless so many people with this blog… even though many of us were not lucky enough to know Rachel… your beautiful child is still reaching out and touching and impacting lives through your post… I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete