Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More than words


I got word today that the headstone that I ordered is finally in.It took longer because I had some modifications made to it.This picture is it while they were working on it.I haven't seen it ,but the lady says it is just beautiful.Now comes the hard part. I have to try to decide what to have engraved on it.How can I possibly put in that small of a space the words to let people know how very special Rachel was. I want every person whoever stands by that grave to know ..Rachel was beautiful..Rachel was beautiful enough to be Miss America,and smart enough to be president.Rachel was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside.She was loving,compassionate,and giving.If Rachel had 10 cents to her name ,she would give it to someone else if they needed it because she knew, somehow, she would be okay.Rachel hated to see people hurt.She always found time to listen to others and to let them know she cared and never missed an opportunity to tell them about her Jesus.Rachel was my best friend.Rachel was a best friend to many. Rachel was a loving sister.There aren't words to describe how much we miss her..Somehow just putting her name and "dates" on there just doesn't seem like enough. I've had all these months to think about this and now that it's here, I can't even sort it out.I need it to be perfect,I'll have to see it and read it every time I'm there. Everything else has been so much easier to do.The words for the eulogy just poured out of me.I can talk for hours about her,but I just cant put in a 2 foot space how very much I love her ...Our beautiful Rachel...







s

3 comments:

  1. you just said it, Suzie!! Our beautiful Rachel..beautiful inside and as beautiful outside. God bless you and your family.
    love ya'll, aunt pauline & hyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzette, every detail that you wrote about Rachel sounds like she mirrored her life after Christ. He is everything that you said Rachel was while here on earth. If you don't have to rush the inscription, take time to let God reveal what He wants others that will read it to know about Rachel. Sometimes powerful messages can come across in only a few words. God will give you those perfect words. Love, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful One certainly encompasses her, though no words will ever be enough. I love you. God will give you the words.

    ReplyDelete