Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Skidmarks

Its amazing to me how my GriefShare messages are sometimes just right on what I have been dealing with====My extreme feelings of course from day to day .I have been having more days lately where I am not quite so crippled by my sadness.I think having Kennedy home all week has helped. Todays verse was another one of those that I want to share with you. We all have thoughts in our head about the future.We all take one little thing and stretch it into a HUGE thing.Then we add on to that, and twist it ,and "what if"it until we've spent countless hours making it into something horrific because WE kept answering the "what if".We create a fear of the future out of what goes on in our mind.The Bible says that God is love. It also says that love CANNOT coexist with fear. So if Jesus lives in you, you do not need to fear.That is worth repeating...IF JESUS LIVES IN YOU,YOU DO NOT NEED TO FEAR..
"There is NO fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love" (1 John 4:18).
This is one of those little messages that everyone can use,not just those dealing with grief.Why do we say our God is so powerful ,and then put limits on Him with our fear??I know first hand what a loving , mighty God we have.John 16:33 was shared with me this week.......
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

"Be of good cheer".We have to do our part too.It is so much easier for me to say that ,than it is to do that.I can talk all day about all the things God has done for me and all His promises ,and then turn around and stop living it myself.I am really trying to live the "be of good cheer" part.People always want to share that "Footprints in the sand" poem with me.I always tell them that with me its one set of footprints and some skid marks where God is dragging me saying"come one Suzette,you can do this"...one set of skid marks in the sand....maybe that will be my next song.

No comments:

Post a Comment