Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't go there


My sweet friend Theresa who is walking her own path of grief,told me about GriefShare.They send me a daily message, with a scripture.Today's was so good.I wanted to share it with ya'll because it applies not only to grief,but to any situation that causes you worry ,panic or anxiety.If you are dwelling in the uncertainties of the future or clinging to mistakes of the past....
There are days when I constantly see images that I really don't want to see.Images from the wreck site, from the funeral. Some days it is non stop,just like a slideshow..I am able to do all my daily duties, but it is always running. Some days I can remember only the beauty of it all, but on the "dark" days when I am walking in my mind through places where I shouldn't be walking,I'm going to remember what God tells us in Matthew 6:34 to live one day at a time: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." God is walking with me NOW ,Right NOW.When we go to the other places we go alone.God tell us not to worry about the future.He tells us to stay in today..God is with me today.Today I will work on stopping the bitter, sadness one thought at a time..Don't go there (God's not there). I hate to quote a cartoon but...
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery , today is a Gift,thats why it is called the present...
Each day we have is truly a gift.

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning,

    This is God and today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.
    If the Devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, DO NOT attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do) box. It will be done in MY time, not yours.
    Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it or attempt to remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.
    If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.
    Because I do not sleep, nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest, my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.

    With all my love,
    Your God

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the condensed version of this right by my kitchen sink.I read it many times a day...reading it and living it are two different things.Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzie.. remember "For THIS I have JESUS".. HE will always carry you thru any situation if you let HIM. We love you, Pauline & HYle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this today, I needed it.
    As much as I KNOW God is in control, I have problems with self.
    Well....... I'm not gonna go there either.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers always.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew 6:34 was THE scripture we kept going back to when Rachel was in my Sunday School class. Boy did I need to be reminded of it today.

    I love you.
    Meeves

    ReplyDelete