Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Fifth Year

Its been an entire year since I sat and even attempted to write. Its not that I don't have words. Believe me , they are constantly pouring out of my heart and my mouth. Its as if God has been wanting to keep me to Himself. He has continued to carry me and has placed many new loving friends in my path.
So that is where I am today. Thinking on how God places people in your life at the very moment you need them. I can clearly remember so many of the conversations the day of Rachel's death , and in the days and months that followed. I have learned so much about God, about people, and about grief.
So 5 years into it, I'm still learning. I'm learning how to be okay with MY grief. Some things affect it more than other things. I know very well what some of my triggers are. And I know that even when I am drowning in my sorrow , my God is still there ..collecting my tears.
He continues to speak to me through songs, and through scriptures. And continues to show me His love through nature.
So as I tried to figure out what I wanted to write, I decided to pull back the curtain and give you a glimpse of my journey ...





God is good ..ALL the time.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best friends I've ever had to say "goodbye" to..
    But I know that one day there will be another "hello"..

    Rest in peace, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joshua ..what a day that will be !

    ReplyDelete