Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Talking the talk

Tonight I will do something I haven't done in a while. I will be bringing the message in our new contemporary worship at my church. When I was asked weeks ago if I would go in the rotation to speak, I was thrilled. My head has been spinning with thoughts on what to talk about. God has been so good to me . Now as I sit and get ready to pull all my thoughts together, I am feeling a little anxious. But then I am reminded of the Large group of people I spoke to and pleaded with at my daughters funeral. Surely,with Gods help, I can manage a small group. I wrestled with how much of my personal testimony I should give. Losing my child and all that has happened since then, are so much a part of who I am. How could I not include her? I am going to try to keep it light. I mainly just want to do it the way God wants it done.
I went to a online page for our church and I found this photo of my sweet child working the computer.




Hmmmmm. I wonder what You see in it??????


I am also on our praise team , so out of the corner of my eye I catch glimpses of her working the computer...just like her big sister did. There are times when it envelopes me like the best hug, and there are times when it almost drops me to my knees.
I am praying tonight that more than anything the people might be able to say what Job said " My ears had heard of you ...but know my eyes have seen you"

1 comment:

  1. Suzette...it was awesome! I have thought of that several times when I heard Kennedy was going to do the computer for the screens that she has a opportunity to have a few steps in her sisters shoes. She is an awesome young lady that has a beautiful heart to serve God. Thanks for sharing your life with us on how and when God has brought you thru the valleys and the victories, still an upward climb but never ALONE!! Also thank you for being such a real influence in Lauren's life, she truly loves you and how you show her God's love in many ways! Love you friend...Kelly

    ReplyDelete