Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Monday, October 24, 2011

He lifted me

I have mentioned before that the main reason I have a facebook is so because I was friends with Rachel so that allows me to go to her profile and look at her photos and read things that her sweet friends go and post. Lately it has become harder than usual. It is really difficult for me to get passed the fact that the people at facebook could just make her disappear.



I have spent way too much time trying to hack into her account to be able to change it, and read her private messages. I know that is wrong, but like I've said before ...walk the journey before you judge. I have also noticed how more time goes on between post on her wall. For most people , they have moved on or maybe it is too hard for them to stay I don't know for sure, I just know that I love to go to her page and find a sweet message of "missing you"..or a dream or anything..sometimes just a heart. But the other day I clicked on her page and found this post from one of her friends.

****Hey Rachel, I've been thinking of you a lot lately. It seems like the closer I get to my wedding, the more I think of you. I know that we weren't very close friends, but I can remember sitting by you in English and hearing your laugh like it was yesterday. My fiancé's mom and I have been discussing flowers a lot lately, and I can't help but think what your grandmaw said at your funeral about you telling her that you want her to do your flowers at your wedding. It makes me tear up every time I remember that. In a way I feel guilty that all of us get to go on with our lives, get married, and start families of our own while you were taken away so young. However, I know that God's plan hasn't finished with us yet. I can't wait until we're all together again!****


and then another sweet friend made a tribute page for her that said








Vhs Memorial Page
Rachel Ann Clark Class of 2008
November 1, 1989 - September 17, 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... This is my beautiful daughter.

------------------"I carry your heart.I carry it in my heart."-----------------

I started a blog that talks about Rachel and grief.
mbc4kids.blogspot.com

Suzette R. C/O 84

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




She was my best friend. She will always be remembered. ♥
Everyone was touched by Rachel , Even those who didnt know her.
She lived for the Lord and She Loved her family more than anything..
She holds a special place in all of hearts. and I personally cannot wait to see her again.
♥ Haley P. C/O 08'

God Bless you Haley P., and to my dear friend Suzette R. I think of you often and I am continually impressed by your strength. You have always meant the world to all of us that know you.

God makes all of his Angels beautiful, he did not have to change one thing about Rachel

Richard T M.(site moderator)
and so many sweet comments followed.

Just when I was sinking, God reached down and lifted me ..


From sinking sand He lifted me,
With tender hand He lifted me;
From shades of night to plains of light,
Oh, praise His Name, He lifted me!

3 comments:

  1. With the comfort you receive, YOU share HIM by lifting us with you. THANK YOU & LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate seeing no picture there too, I think it makes it more real for me so as I go to her page I instantly go to her pictures. But even after 2 years I still have a hard time letting go, I constantly think about her and wish she was here so I could give her one last hug, take a picture, and make sure she knows how much I miss her. I don't think it's necessarily that we forget her and that's why the posts get further apart but I know for myself sometimes it's too hard to write something. It means that this is the reality and that hurts too much. I just wanted you to know that I think about Rachel everyday, I have dreams with her in them, and I still cry thinking about it all (like now). I read your blog to keep a part of her in my life, and I know there are so many others just like me. Rachel was far more unique than anyone else, with the biggest heart, and everyone knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maggie for sharing this . I will come back to it when I am feeling alone.

    ReplyDelete