Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Say Rach to me


One of my sweet friends who has been helping me from day 1 to walk this path of grief,(she walks it herself)sent me this poem/letter she found in the book Saying Goodbye To Your Grief..it was written anonymously and Lewis and Betty Smoak edited it for their daughter. I have edited it for mine.....


The time of concern is over.
No longer am I asked how are we doing.
Too seldom is the name of our daughter mentioned to me.
A curtain descends. The moment has passed.
A life slips from frequent recall.

There are exceptions: close and compassionate friends,
Sensitive and loving family, Rachel's closest pals.
For most, the drama is over.
The spotlight is off. Applause is silent.
But for me the play will never end.
The effects on me are timeless.
Say Rachel to me.

On the stage of my life she will always be a rising star!
Do not tiptoe around the most consuming event of my life.
Love does not die.
Her name is written on my life….
Say Rachel to me and say Rachel again, and again.

It hurts to bury her memory in silence—
And I will not…
So long as we are here, please
Say Rachel to us.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to bed last night, and having a hard time falling asleep. I was praying about things coming up and going on around here. I was lying here for literally an hour and a half. I finally dozed off, and sat straight up. I thought of Rachel, and how much I missed her. I thought about you, and said a prayer for you right then. It was 12:55 this morning my time.

    I love you, and Rachel was, is, and will always be a very important part of my life.

    ReplyDelete