Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beauty Will Rise

I went to Rachels garden yesterday afternoon.Some days I just feel this urgency to go.Last year on Thanksgiving morning I went and came home with some beautiful flowers. The tree by her had left me these beautiful flowers..no others to be found.What a gift that was.


I had hoped to get some more this year and bring them home earlier.. but this year the tree held nothing for me..I told myself that was OK, I would just go buy some flowers this year....That was good for last year. I told myself God would take care of this one too. I sat down in my usual spot. The angel looked so much bigger this time. I just sat looking at the words on the heart...LOVE NEVER FAILS, and then....in the middle of this pile of dirt.....something caught my eye..






1 little purple flower..the first thing that I heard was " out of these ashes beauty will rise"....BEAUTY will rise... 1 little purple flower...so powerful..so meaningful...so perfect...
Stephen Curtis Chapman knows well the pain of losing a child tragically.
His song ..
my heart...


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gift!

    Rachel was one of the first things I thanked God for this morning. I love you so much.

    Meeves

    ReplyDelete